Thursday, August 23, 2007

THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT BUT THE HAZARDS ARE REAL

A 15 feet wide veranda merging into the foothpath. About a dozen children sitting at the periphery of the veranda gazing at the center. There in the middle stood the Deadman.
Popularly known as The Undertaker, this 7 foot monster was a legend. The stage was set for a wrestling match & his opponent was the HBK.
As the match started, there were cheers & shouts from the little audience. Barely seconds into the match, Undertaker held HBK, turned him upside down & the end for HBK had come. It was a cement floor unlike the usual mat. A tombstone piledriver here was fatal. Just then… some thought came to his mind. Realizing the grave danger of the move, he just hit him with minimum force. The Undertaker had executed but lacked his usual might. No one was hurt.

Every time I recall this decade old incident, I feel how dangerous this thing would have turned out. My childhood friend Harsha was HBK & I played Undertaker.
I have watched wrestling with great passion & imitated my favorite superstars. My brother & I used to have bouts on the bed, locking each other in various submission moves… the camel clutch, the crippler cross face, sleeper hole & many more.
The passion continues........

PS: THIS IS ENTERTAINMENT BUT THE HAZARDS ARE REAL..,

0 comments: